Janet grew up in Rochester, NY and moved to Lewisboro with her husband, Ken, in 1997. They purchased a home in Twin Lakes Village where they raised their two daughters, Lauren who is 20 and Jenna who is 18. Janet was hired as the Deputy Town Clerk for the Town of Lewisboro in 2008. She was subsequently appointed and ultimately elected as our official Town Clerk in 2012. Janet has always been an active member of our Lewisboro community not only as a Lifetime Member of the John Jay Boosters Club but also as a 10 year member of the Lewisboro Lions Club where she has served as its treasurer for the past 6 years. During her tenure as our Town Clerk Janet has worked diligently to provide more services to our residents as well as finding ways to make her office run in a more cost efficient manner. She continues to be the face of our Town greeting both residents and non-residents on a daily basis in an effort to make their interaction with the clerk’s office and the town as pleasant as possible.
Janet’s accomplishments while serving as our Town Clerk:
- Implementation of one quick swipe charge card machine with lower convenience fees for the Town in 2013
- E-Waste removal program for Lewisboro with no charge to residents in 2013
- Updated the recording system used for recording the town board meetings allowing audio to be saved on computer in 2012
- Updated the Town’s Website saving the town over $1,500.00 in 2014
- Created a dog enumeration (census) in 10/2013 with the Twin Lakes Area.
- Instituted the Do-Not Knock Registry as Local Law 9-2013.
- Coordinated with Westchester County for Shredding services for Town residents commencing in 2014
- Began providing E-Z Pass services in June, 2014 adding convenience to our residents and revenue for our town.
- Awarded a $400 scholarship from the NYSTCA to attend the Town Clerk’s convention in 2014
- Awarded a $500 scholarship from the Westchester-Putnam Town and City Clerks Association to attend the Town Clerk’s Convention in 2017
- Implemented use of a check cashing machine enabling money collected to be deposited instantly.
- Shredded over 600 cubic feet of obsolete paper records.
- Certified as a Registered Municipal Clerk (RMO) and was awarded certificate at the 2017 TC convention.
- Recipient of the 2017 40th Senate District’s Women of Distinction Award
- Recipient of the 2017 Lewisboro Lions Club Lion of the Year Award
- Recipient of the famed Lions Club “Outhouse Door” for going above and beyond with volunteer work.
- Elected Secretary of The Westchester Putnam County Town and City Clerk’s Association in March of 2018.